welcome to my blog! thanks for all your support and i hope through this blog you can experience part of my trip to panama :)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

orientation

So yesterday we had worship which was interesting since most songs were in spanish. Then we had a small orientation with the dts students going over rules, and what the schedule will look like. Were expected to do a book report each month were at the base so 3 books they have chosen; 2 by the founder of YWAM.We are also expected to read all of the new testament while we are here and memorize a verse of scripture each week which they have already chosen. Then we took a small tour of San Vicente which is a town near by with laundry mats, grocery stores, restaurants. Today we went for a beach day! It was pretty hot and it was a 2 hour ride to the beach because there was construction going on. We swam in the pacific ocean, which reminded me of home, but a lot nicer and a lot warmer! and there was also a pool. On the way home we stopped for pizza which was nice and the leader who was driving us told us all the cool things we could do on the weekends if we wanted to. Lots of hiking, visiting the waterfalls, zip lining, shopping, going to the zoo, visiting the canal, museums, beaches, pools, water parks. all within an hour from the base, and all reasonably cheap. I'm looking forward to all those things, but I still miss home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    As I said, I am praying for you every day. I have an Outlook reminder for myself, so I'll remember to! Will pray your homesickness will subside and also for God to keep you healthy. It will be an amazing experience for you.

    Your Mom & I enjoyed our time in Jamaica - it was a nice getaway from Vancouver's rain. It was interesting around Montego Bay, there are all sorts of unfinished homes as the Jamaican people only build their homes according to how much money they have - if they run out of money, then the home stays unfinished until they make more money. One way of staying out of debt when investing in a home!

    It was nice that it wasn't super hot and humid. Your Mom got some good tanning in - I didn't want to get too much sun but ended up tanning one day, otherwise I was in the shade.

    Talk to you again!

    Love Auntie Janet

    ReplyDelete