welcome to my blog! thanks for all your support and i hope through this blog you can experience part of my trip to panama :)

Monday, January 17, 2011

First Week of Classes.

Yesterday we attending the bilingual church that the staff go to. It was quite interesting, they sang a lot of similar songs but in a more upbeat style. The pastor spoke in english and they invited all the dts students to come up and be prayed for. They also encouraged the members to take one of our name tags and pray for us these next 5 months. At the end of the service we went outside by the canal and prayed and sang how great is our God. After church most of the other students decided to go into the city and shop, I wanted to go but I was feeling a little sick from the car ride, and exhausted from the heat. So I went back to the dorm and napped most of the day. I seem to have caught a cold which is a rather odd thought in a hot country but I'm all stuffed up and my nose is runny. I don't think I have a fever but I am feeling a bit warm. This morning we had worship and after the staff shared their testimonies. It was interesting hearing each testimony and how God has lead them here. We just finished lunch and then were going to have an intercession class and after that work projects. Me and my bunk neighbour Alison got assigned to dinner prep, which should be fairly easy. Everyday we will prep dinner from 3:30-6. I'm feeling a little better, but still not to hungry. Love & Miss you all.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment